Like us on facebook →
Kidneys play essential roles in the body, including purification of blood and elimination of toxins from the body.
In the early stages, the symptoms are usually unnoticeable and that is why people do not pay much attention to them. Statistically, only 10% of patients with kidney disease know that they have it. Also, kidneys they easily get used to the infection which is how they lose their function.
Therefore, it is very important to recognize the early signs of kidney disease in order to prevent further kidney damage.
- Changes in urine color (for example, blood in the urine or frequency of urination)
- Sleeping issues
- Fatigue and lack of strength
- Pain in the back, just above the waist (where the kidneys are)
- Muscle cramps
- Swollen legs or feet
- Poor circulation
- Lack of focus and mental clarity
- Loss of appetite and metallic taste in the mouth
- Nausea and vomiting
- Loss of breath
- Skin rash or chronic tingling
If you notice any of the above-mentioned symptoms you should consult your doctor immediately in order to prevent further development of the disease.
Kidney disease is a serious health issue which can have a number of health consequences. Therefore, you should make some changes in order to prevent the incidence of kidney disease.
Changes in nutrition
- Make sure you have healthy and well-balanced diet, low in saturated fat and cholesterol.
- Do not starve! Your kidneys need proper enough calorie intake in order to function properly.
- Limit the intake of salt and potassium.
- Consume plenty of apples, watermelon and berries.
- Maintain low protein diet.
- Drink plenty of water, at least 8 glasses a day.
- Keep your blood pressure in normal levels because it is the essential factor for proper kidney function.
- Take supplements in case of calcium and vitamin D efficiency.
- Avoid analgesics and steroids because they can damage your kidneys.
- Do regular exercises in order to maintain healthy weight and reduce the risk of diabetes, obesity and hypertension.
- Limit alcohol consumption and quit smoking.