Like us on facebook →
Grey hair is a huge cosmetic issue for both men and women. In fact, it’s among those signs on your body that makes you look older than you really are. Today, an increasing number of men and women start greying in their 30s. There are many contributing factors to greying, and the most common include genetics, excessive stress, lack of sleep, and unhealthy diet.
Although there are various hair dyes on the market, some natural remedies can be equally effective. One old folk remedy to slowly darken your hair overtime is a potato peel rinse. For one thing, the starch potato peels are rich in has the ability to naturally color grey hair within weeks or months.
POTATO PEEL RINSE
1. Peel about 5-6 medium to large potatoes. You won’t need the potatoes so feel free to use them for cooking. Collect the peels in a cooking pot which you fill with 2 cups of water. After you bring the water to the boil over high heat, reduce heat and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes.
2. When the mixture has cooled, strain it through a colander over a large bowl. Keep the water and dispose of the potato peels. Store the potato peel-infused into a glass container with tight fitting lid. Optionally, you can add a few drops of rosemary or lavender oil to scent it.
3. Wash and condition your hair as usual. Leave the conditioner to act for one to two minutes before washing it off. Grey hair is normally drier so moisturizing it properly is quite important.
4. Massage the potato peel water into your hair. Make sure you don’t rinse it out.
5. Dry and style your hair as usual.
6. Save any unused potato-peel rinse in your fridge. Make more when you’ve run out of supply.
7. Preferably, do the treatment every day, or 2-3 times a week for several weeks or months. Be prepared that it may take a while to get the desired results.