She Pushes Her Dog’s Paw Into Dough. The Reason Why May Surprise You… I Had No Idea!
efore hanging up all the ornaments and wrapping the tree in tinsel, make sure to include your pet in the festivities by creating this one-of-a-kind keepsake. Making their paw print into an ornament is the perfect way to include them in the fun and to make your Christmas tree personal. Plus, it’s so easy to make!
LittleThings Director of Content Maia McCann — and her adorable pug Smokey— teamed up with to show just how easy these ornaments are to make. Watch the full tutorial in the video below.
§ 1 cup salt
§ 2 cups flour
§ 1 cup lukewarm water
§ 1 (or more) awesome pets
1. Mix the flour and salt in a bowl.
2. Slowly add the water until you get a doughy consistency. (Add more water if it’s too dry, more flour if it gets too wet.)
3. Knead into a ball.
4. Roll out the dough onto a cookie sheet.
5. Push your pet’s paw into the dough. (*Note: you may need to bribe them with a treat.)
6. Cut a circle around her print and make a hole for the ribbon.
7. Pop it in a 200 degree oven for about two hours.
8. Once cooled, decorate the ornament to fit your pet’s personality.
This is such a cute idea, and I definitely plan to share this with my friends!
Will you try this at home? If so, please this awesome holiday project with all the pet owners you know.