Like us on facebook →
The abdomen constitutes a large part of the human body and any pain can be caused by many issues, ranging from benign to more dangerous. For a closer look to any possible consequences, determine the exact sore spot.
Stomach ache is one of the most common health issues, and it affects 90% of population. We are most scared of its intensity, but that does not mean that something serious happens in your body and vice versa – mild, but long-lasting pain can indicate a chronic condition that should be treated.
If you feel pain in your stomach, in any area, and it lasts more than two weeks, consult your doctor to exclude any serious diagnosis. Long-lasting bloating, vomiting, diarrhea and bloody stool are a sign that you should visit your doctor as soon as possible. Any ache in the area between your chest and thighs is referred to as stomach ache. Taking into consideration and that is a pretty big area, you need to locate the exact spot in order to determine the cause of pain more easily.
Use this map to locate your pain and identify its cause.
1. Gallstones, stomach ulcer, inflammation of the pancreas
2. Stomach ulcer, acid reflux, indigestion, inflammation of the pancreas, gallstones, epigastric hernia (hernia above navel)
3. Stomach ulcer, duodenum ulcer, obstruction of biliary tract, inflammation of the pancreas
4. Kidney stones, inflammation of the urethra, constipation, lumbar hernia – displaced disc in the spine
5. Inflammation of the pancreas, an early stage of appendicitis, stomach ulcer, inflammation of the colon, inflammation of the small intestine, Crohn’s disease, umbilical hernia
6. Kidney stones, diverticular disease, constipation, inflammation of the colon
7. Appendicitis, constipation, pelvic pain – gynecological problems (endometriosis, etc.), groin pain – inguinal hernia
8. Inflammation of the urethra, appendicitis, inflammation of the colon, pelvic pain – gynecological problems, diverticular disease
9. Diverticular disease, pelvic pain – gynecological problems, groin pain – inguinal hernia
Less serious problems
The causes of stomach ache vary, and there are some less serious causes like constipation as a result of improper diet and poor physical activity, intolerance of certain foods, gastritis as a result of excess production of stomach acid, food poisoning and stomach or intestinal viruses.