Ads Top

Man Pulls Plug On Wife, Didn't Think She'd Wake And Say What He Told Her

Lyndee (left), Lyndee with her daughter Amanda (right)
When Steven Pellettiere-Swapp came home and found his mom unconscious on the floor, he rushed to call 911. The otherwise healthy woman had fallen into a coma, and two weeks later, the family was forced to pull the plug to end her life support. However, his father had no idea she could hear the whole time and woke to report what she heard him say, after he thought she was dead.
“Everything can be taken away. You can wake up one day and everything is fine, and then your life is a mess,” Steven said, after the harrowing moment he found his mom, Lyndee, unresponsive at his family’s home. She had no signs of trauma or had no known health conditions, and nobody else was there when tragedy struck. Thankfully, her son came home when he did to get her to the hospital, but things didn’t improve for the family after her arrival, when 12 days later she was still in a vegetative state.
After almost two weeks, doctors said that there was nothing more that they could do for her. Wanting to honor her wishes of donating her organs, Steven’s father, Steven Sr., made the heartbreaking choice to unplug his wife from life support. One-by-one each family member said their goodbyes, not knowing that she could actually hear them and had no way of responding. However, it’s what her husband whispered in her ear that she remembered most.
Lyndee’s daughter Amanda was one of the last to leave her mom’s side the night her life support ceased. It was only a matter of time before nature took its course, and she’d be gone. Amanda left the hospital in tears, only to return the following day, completely shocked by her mom when she walked in the room. Thinking she had been dead, Amanda entered her mom’s hospital room and heard her say “hi.”
“I looked at her, and she just says, ‘Hi,’ and I just fell to my knees,” Amanda tearfully told CBS5. “I told her, ‘I thought you had been gone for 12 hours.'” Soon she found out that while the mother was in a coma, she was aware of everything that was going on around her, but she couldn’t speak to say she’s still alive and alert. Lyndee was basically trapped in her own body and listening to her life come to an end, simply because she couldn’t communicate that she was still with it.
Lyndee with her daughter Amanda and son Steven
“Doctors told my family that I would start to make noises when they turned off life support. It was very agitating. I couldn’t move. I couldn’t talk, couldn’t respond. I could just hear conversations around me and about me,” Lyndee said. “I remember a doctor opening my eyes, messing with me, and telling my family I was not reacting.”
When she woke and essentially saved her own life, she later reported that her husband had whispered to her in those 12 grueling days, “I need you to fight.” It was those words that kept her going and inspired the second thing she said after waking, “I am a fighter.”
Lyndee has since made a full recovery and is living the life that was almost ripped from her. Her husband and children are calling her turnabout a miracle, which it most certainly is, along with it being a testament of one woman’s will to live.
After this incredible incident, the family urges others to not take a second with your loved ones for granted. They could be there one day and gone the next when you weren’t expecting it. As for Lyndee, she hopes that others with loved ones in a coma will keep talking to them, since they could possibly hear you, and it could just mean the difference between life and death.
Help ‘Dinos Mark’ to raise the vibration by sharing this article with your friends and family!
Powered by Blogger.