Ads Top

Kids Think This Little Furry Guy Is Cute. But If You See One Get Away As Fast As You Can. Here’s Why

There are so many different animals and creatures in the world that it can be hard to keep track of all of them, even the ones that live among us every day.  Everybody is familiar with the squirrels and bees that scurry around our homes every day, but what about the more uncommon creatures like some of those weird insects?
If you don’t know what type of bug an insect is, your best bet is not to touch it because you never know what that might result in.  One little furry “friend” has recently been seen in the south eastern part of the United States, and doctors are warning that this is another bug to keep your distance from.
The infamous bug that is causing a lot of stir in our community right now is called the puss caterpillar.  The puss caterpillar is pretty distinctive because of the fact that it is covered in fur, making it seem like a cat which is where it got its name.
When kids see this caterpillar, they typically want to touch it because of how fluffy it looks, but this is a dire mistake.  Underneath those furry little hairs that cover its body lies poisonous needles that will prick your finger and stick inside, releasing venom which will seep up your arm from your fingers.
When you get stung by this caterpillar, it can feel almost like a wasp sting, and can often time have horrible side effects like nausea, sweating, vomiting, and is simply a bad time for everybody involved.  While this caterpillar will not kill you, it will certainly put you on a roller coaster ride.
One of the scariest parts about the venom in this caterpillar is how much it hurts your muscles.  When you get stung, people have reported being able to feel the venom seep up their arms through their arteries.
These caterpillars are most commonly found in the south eastern part of the country, though they typically do not interact much with humans because of the fact that they live high up in the trees.  They don’t like to come down to land, but they occasionally do and it is important to be aware of what they are capable of and the threat they pose.
If you or your child gets stung by one of these little guys, the best thing you can do is to place some scotch tape on their wound, and then pull it off which should take out the needles that are filled with the venom.  If the sting is really bad, bring your child to a doctor for poison control.  This will only be necessary in the rare event of a severe sting, but should still be an available option if needed.
If you want to learn more about these caterpillars, then check out the newscast below covering their dangers and take a look at them yourself so you can know what they look like, and be sure to stay safe from them.
Credits: awm.com
Powered by Blogger.